A famous poet once said, ” I write because there is a voice inside me that can’t be still.”
Me either. I literally can’t be still. I’m really excited about everything and I’m really, really excited when people like my writing. This is one of those times.
When Cordelia’s mom and her bunnies nominated me for the Blogger Recognition Award, I immediately started writing my acceptance speech and practiced in the mirror.
This is what I’m rambling about :
- Write a post to show your award.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers.
- Nominate 6-12 bloggers who you believe deserve to be recognized. Comment on their blogs, to let the nominees know they have been nominated.
Maybe I wore a tiara and went a bit overboard with my makeup.
Extra is the new basic, I’m told. Here goes:
”I’m so excited, appreciative and grateful for all the support from my family (especially my mom who isn’t impressed or even pretending to be ) my followers ( I can’t believe I have any ) and my best friends (who don’t really read my posts and really don’t exist because of them) .
Thank all of you so much.
I’m going to share a few things I’ve learned from this blogging experience that my readers might relate to . I’m serious when I say that.
Who doesn’t have a serial dater mom in skinny jeans , cyberstalking crazy person , and a daughter leaving for college ? That equals a nervous breakdown in my world. I started writing again. Because who wouldn’t ?
Writing a diary can be your best friend and sometimes your only one. I guess I didn’t realize that until I stopped writing in one .
I needed a place where I could work on myself and not be done in by myself. I didn’t care if it was popular or not (or so I said), I just wanted to write and connect with other writers . In the process, I found out there is enormous talent online. Your stories are truly inspiring , introspective and motivating .
I want to say to newcomers” write for yourself . ” Fight the urge to shut out your inner voice and be a better listener to you.
There is a phrase that I love so much that I had it engraved on my arm -so I could see it every day. It comes from one of my favorite books, “The Lake of Dead Languages” by Carol Goodman. It reminds me that writing has always been my first love. I had to find it again.
Spoiler alert: it means the heart leads you back. In Latin .
I feel a little unqualified to give advice but if I could do it over again, I would have done it like this.
1. Ask for help and take advice. There’s a good chance you’re going to need them both. I didn’t know the first thing about blogging and I didn’t ask before I dove in. I didn’t drown but it would have been easy to do.So take advantage of the help that’s out there. That’s what my goal is this year. I would appreciate any advice you have to give as well as constructive criticism.
2. Do word prompts. Often. When I can’t get the words out for a post, I can still do a word prompt. You’ll be surprised at the creative things you come up with and you might find a new niche for your writing. I love all of them and I’m constantly looking for flash fiction, poetry and writing challenges to do. If you know of any, please let me know in the comments section!
Writing is about the experience and the way you experience it.
Thanks again for listening. I’ll do my best to be an honorable, responsible and worthy recipient of this title.
I’m still waiting to be inspired by myself.
Until then, I’ll be home working on my contour and highlighting techniques with perfect eyebrows.
After all, I need to be ready for the big speech one day. I’ll end this post by mentioning these blogs that I have nominated for this award. Keep writing for yourself.”
Blogs I love include but not limited to :